Local Weather

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 5, 2006

No new pictures to add - blame it on the lazy days of summer. It is hot hot hot today and has been for a while. The odd rain shower but mostly sun and heat. SR was home for the weekend (although I hardly saw him - but then again, I remember being 23 years old too). He's enjoying his work at the gold mine and work he does... has had 5 days off since May 1. Heather and Len completed their circle tour - Whitehorse, Dawson, top of the world highway to Chicken, Tok, Kluane Park and home again. They took so long I thought they by-passed Whitehorse and started on down the highway, but to my surprise, they knocked on the door last night and told us (SR & I) all about their adventures. We sat around and ate G&P Pizza (broccoli and chicken...mmmmmm) and drank Chilkoot lager and listened to their stories. One of their favourite towns was Chicken Alaska and they flew over Kluane Park and Mount Logan. I think they have really enjoyed the Yukon. It was sad to see them leave, but more adventures await them as they drive south, then east. And I'm just lazing away here. Soccer is almost over - on Sunday, have to see Italy win (I have $20 on them!). My hand is healing slowly, but falling off the ladder the other day didn't help the healing process...o' right, I'm suppose to be taking it easy. SR left this morning also, so I have a quiet house once again. Luckily, every time SR comes home he introduces me to new music. Check this one out (again, about 3/4 of the way down the page you can hear cuts from the cd) click here That's about it here, just thought I'd check in.

No comments: