Local Weather

Monday, March 13, 2006



On Sunday, I heard it was once again going to be a high of -17 degrees celcius. When I looked at my thermometer it read -2 degrees. Happily I donned my light coat, grabbed my camera and shot outside. I made it to the end of the driveway and quickly turned back to pull on my silk long underwear and 3/4 length down coat with down hood and insulated gloves. It was COLD out there. Once again, now sporting more clothes I began my walk. 4,000+ steps later (I'm counting my daily steps now) I knocked on my friend's door. It was there I discovered that it was -18 outside and with the windchill it was -28. I still had 2,000 steps to my house, but glad to tell you, I made it.
I walked through the new subdivision (top pic) and found the perfect lot (bottom pic) (although I am certain it is already sold) with the best view of any lot in the whole subdivision. Why does the scenery look so beautiful when it is so bloody cold outside? Of course, I blame this weather on my cousin Joe, who wrote about the warm spring weather in Ontario on his blog - just to make me jealous - it worked.

Watched a couple of good movies again this weekend, for those of you who don't know what to pick up at the movie store: 1. Million Dollar Baby - it took me a while to watch this one as I am NOT a fan of boxing...just like last year's Academy Awards said, it was excellent - and the ending took me by surprise. 2. The Secret Window with Johnny Depp - of course he is so cute to watch, almost any movie with him it it is worth watching, but the story was good as well, and again, the ending took me by surprise. So, two I am glad I watched.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having a heck of time posting on here cause of the word verification NAZI! MJT
Weather same here - extremely - unusually windy! and very cold!

clr said...

Sorry about that but I was getting junk comments so had to turn on the word verification. I know you always have trouble with it.