Local Weather

Sunday, March 05, 2006



As I was trying to capture the the vivid colour of the room against the new dark floor I spotted a little head in the window. Ren was sitting on the deck watching me take pictures. Obviously he often looks in this window if the nose marks are any indication.

Tonight is Academy Awards night and yup, I will watch. Just saw Walk the Line last night, and I must say that Joaquim Peonix should win for his part as Johnny Cash. He played the part so well and his singing was as close to Johnny as you can get without being Johnny.. If you haven't seen this movie yet I highly recommend it. And another note - everyone does their own singing - no voice-overs. It was made with the help of Johnny Cash and June Carter, so it is true to life. Also just watched Hotel Rwanda. Another excellent movie even though the subject is not one we wish to be reminded of. Haven't seen Brokeback Mountain yet. I'm waiting until I get in the mood for watching gay cowboys and that mood hasn't hit me yet. Well, got to go and see if my pick for Best Actor wins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is soooooo cute - Is this your dog, I did not know you had a dog - He is adorable!
Saw Crash - whew, thats all I can say about that!
Looking forward to seeing 'Walk the Line' as you can well imagine I loved the Legally Blonde movies! MJT
Love your colourful little self!