Local Weather

Monday, July 23, 2018

Haines Weekend

Received a phone call around 9 on Saturday morning asking if I wanted to go to Haines Alaska.  The weather was spectacular and I haven't been to Haines for so long, I cannot remember when I last went... so I said YES!


The road was clear as it was Dawson City Music Festival Weekend, so lots of people went north rather than west!


I always love driving around the Yukon!


Where else would we want to stay for the night but the Halsingland Hotel.  There is al lot of history in this old hotel (http://www.hotelhalsingland.com/history/ ) and I cannot tell you how many times I have stayed there (as well as my Mom, Dad, and Aunt Liz!!!)



Here is the view from our hotel porch (where we sat drinking wine at the end of the day).


Joan relaxing at the end of the day.


Me relaxing at the end of the day.




No comments: