Local Weather

Sunday, July 08, 2018

Fashion Show


I don't take selfies, and now you can see why.  Joan and I attended the Adaka Cultural Festival's Fashion Show.  This is an event put on as part of the Indigenous Festival held at the Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre.  As this is a very popular event, we attended early to get our seats.  And as there was a lot of just sitting and waiting for the event to start, I took some selfies for amusement.


One of the emcees of the show was an indigenous man from New York.   The first thing he did was apologize for his President.  Imagine having to do that!  We all clapped.


The show features all First Nations designers and there was quite the variety of dresses/coats/pants etc.


Some pieces were quite plain, others, over the top.


One of the coats featured was the original Yukon Parka.  Yes, we miss the Parka factory that we had in the north.  The fur pieces on these coats and on all of the clothing were fabulous and locally trapped.  
All in all, an excellent evening.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw some of the clothing on Facebook. I really liked alot of the designs. I wondered if you had attended. MJT