Local Weather

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Murder on the Orient Express


This movie, chock full of movie stars, did not receive a good review by the critics - Rotten Tomatoes gave it 58%, Roger Ebert 2/4 (nor audiences) but I went to see it anyway.  It is a classic Agatha Christie story starring Hercule Poirot, the famous Belgian detective.  Although he is looking forward to a holiday and is enjoying reading his Dickens novel, he finds himself on a train with a murder mystery he is asked to resolve.  It is your typical Christie story ... someone is murdered, Poirot questions all the suspects, deduces who the murderer is and gets the suspects together at the end to do the big reveal.  No surprises here.  Although I enjoyed watching it I do not think this production is among the greats in the film industry.  I give it 2-1/2 stars out of 5.  (a moot point:  Poirot's moustache kind of bothered me).  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So 'Wallender' played Hercule - not a good choice IMO and yes, the mustache is bothering to me too. mjt