Local Weather

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Loving Vincent


How do I describe this masterpiece of a film.  Over 100 painters worked at recreating many of the paintings of Vincent van Gogh (he painted 800 in his life time and during his life, sold only one!) to create the storyline of the movie ... the mystery of the death of Vincent.  His paintings are animated although there are a few scenes with real actors.  These scenes are in black and white and there is slight movement or shimmer on the scenes making it is difficult to know if it is real or a painting itself.  It is difficult to explain what I watched on screen, so below is a link to Youtube explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtwJL4iV8s

I sometimes judge a  movie by how many times I look at my watch.  This movie was over before I knew it - not one sneak peak at my watch - and left me wanting more.  Oh yes, one additional suggestion ... see it on a large screen if possible...your eyes will thank you.  I will definitely watch this marvellous creation again and give this movie 5 stars out of 5.




No comments: