Local Weather

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Saturday


Went to Shoppers to pick up my parcel today only to find everyone in all the shops in the mall evacuating the stores.  Apparently the fire alarm went off - the 2nd time this week - and apparently set off by the contractors that are removing the asbestos from Extra Foods on the corner of the mall.  Oh well, it gave me time to talk to my old friend Sandy who works in Coffee Tea and Spice.  She is the one who told me this was a regular occurrence.  


I received an extra large parcel and as it is not my Birthday nor is it Christmas, I thought it probably contained gifts for the little ones so I went into Porter Creek to open my parcel.  Sure enough it contained many little gifts for the new borns and surprisingly enough, one gift for ME!  SR was working and Brooke was just about to take the little ones out for a walk so I helped change, dress (and make smile) the wee ones then off she went with two babies and two dogs and iTunes.  It was a lovely day so I hope they had a lovely walk.  I went home and opened my gift which was a house warming throw from my sister.  I used it right way.





No comments: