Local Weather

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Saturday


Asked if the new family required any assistance today.  Apparently little "M" is having a growing spurt (of yeah, I forgot about those!) and feeding every two hours day and night so the parents are not getting sleep.  And the dogs are being neglected.  So my job today was to walk the dogs.  Even though it is the beginning of August, it feels like the middle of September with a brisk north wind blowing and the clouds threatening rain.  Good weather for a brisk walk.  


Timber is still un-trustworthy and I keep him on a leash.  That way I know where he is at all times.  Too bad I cut off his tail in the above photo.  Brooke calls it a fashion statement.  But I have to take the photo quickly as he is still for just a fraction of a minute before he is chasing more butterflies, squirrels or voles.  He is really like a little boy.


Of course Princess Lil is bordering on perfect.  No leash necessary for her as she listens to me.




We entered a dense portion of woods.  It was dead quiet except for the ravens' calls bouncing off the trees - caw, caw, caw ...  you could almost hear their wings flapping overhead.   Then the wind would rise up and blow the witches hair on the branches.  The dogs ears perked up, I'd like to say from the atmosphere but have to truthfully say it was because we were in the squirrel section of the woods and they were ready for the chase.  This area reminded me of Game of Thrones.  I have just finished season three, so I'm sure you'll be happy when I finally catch up so I don't keep referring back to this tv series.


An hour later we returned, just in time to say hello to a little girl and a little boy who just awoke.

No comments: