Local Weather

Wednesday, December 04, 2013


Well, the Christmas season is once again here and last Friday was the Seniors' Soirée.  It was a lovely evening held in the convention centre, surrounded by the beautifully decorated trees which we could bid on, offered a delicious buffet dinner, had a silent auction and then dancing.  This is the first year I have attended this Soirée and I was amazed that I knew so many people there and they were all, all dressed up - something you don't see very often in Whitehorse.  We bought tickets through our line-dancing group and of course, we line danced the night away.


Music by Hank Karr and the Cannucks.  It was a hoot.  You know, I love those Cannucks.  They apparently started out here at the Whitehorse Inn.  Yes, remember that hotel you old folk???  Where the CIBC stands today and the neon sign now displayed at the McBride Museum.  I have to say we were a hit at dancing.  Even the dancers on the floor were turning their heads to watch us dance.  Soooo much fun, I think I'll do it again next year.  


No comments: