Local Weather

Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 22


Last night I had a dream that included SR's old soccer coaches - people I have not thought about for a few years now.  They coached him from about age 10 until he went away to university.  This morning, he phones me and asks me if I want to attend a soccer game he - that is SR - is coaching.  And it is taking place in a high school gym - JUST like the old days.  And, as if that is not coincidence enough, who comes into the game and sits beside me but one of his old coaches.  Very interesting.

Above is the coach (in white) rallying his team.  Below, the coach kicking the ball around.

                           

And below, the game is on.  These are mostly university kids that have come home for Xmas and formed teams.  The Red team was playing in the semi finals.  They win and they get into the finals.  The score was 2-2 at half time.  Unfortunately, although they played a hard game, they didn't win.
But I must say it was fun to watch an indoor soccer game once again.




No comments: