Local Weather

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Gibraltar

Back from my vacation and have been getting myself and my house in order once again. And trying to catch up a bit on the golf games I missed while away.
While I was travelling we had inclement weather (while at home it was 25 degree sunny days!). I thought it was the maritimes' weather system. Wrong! It was me. I looked forward to coming back to "summer" but the inclement weather came with me. (And I thought it was only when I washed my truck that it rained). So if you know an area of drought you can rent me out and I'll bring the rain with me!

My friend from Vancouver Island sent me these photos of the airport runway/road in Gibraltar at the mouth of the Mediterranean Sea. As you can see from the map above, the runway runs right across the land. Consequently the road cuts through the runway. So when the light turns yellow you don't step on the gas and go like h***, you stop! And you certainly don't run a red light!



No comments: