Local Weather

Friday, July 09, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed


Driving downtown to visit my friend this afternoon, I came across some tourists pointing their cameras up into the sky instead of toward the beautiful Yukon River. Looking up I saw Bald Eagles. Rats...I didn't have a camera. So after we visited and dined, I went home, gabbed my camera and revisited the area. I drove down the South Access (Robert Service Way) and at the foot of the hill at a tourist pull-out is the nest. The photo above is Whitehorse nestled in the valley on the way down the South Access.

This I believe is one baby. Just as I was leaving a second one poked its head up.


And on a treetop nearby quietly sits the parent. They make quite the tourist attraction! By the way, these photos were taken at 9:00 PM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is real neat to see the babies and the parent! Good pics CLR - MJT