Local Weather

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring is Here


Sunday morning...you don't appreciate the weekend until you work all week. Sunny, clear blue sky. I take a cup of freshly brewed coffee onto the deck, let music of Greece play softly in the background, open a lawn chair, settle down with my book and look forward to enjoying my space all to myself. Not five minutes pass before the singing and clapping from the Church of Latter Day Saints across the street becomes louder than my music. Then the swans fly overhead in a large lazy "V" honking away. Not only can I not hear my lovely music, but cannot concentrate on my book either.
But I have to say the swans are always a sight to behold, on their way north. April is the month for the Celebration of Swans, when the Trumpeter and Tundra Swans rest at M'Clintock Bay on Marsh Lake before continuing their flight north. You can often see their formation in the skies and hear their honking as they fly. Sometimes they fly so low you can hear their wings flapping.
Well, if that's all I have to complain about, all is well. The sun continues to shine. I unwrapped and washed my deck furniture and am ready to enjoy the lovely days ahead now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoooah - What an amazing pic bud - You caught it at just the right moment - Indeed, so artistic - I hope you dont mind that I post that pic on my blog - Added a few more things to Josh blog - check it out - MJT

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

What an amazing shot! Your friend, Marilyn, wanted me to see it, and I can see why!