Local Weather

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quite weekend. Of course, I caught a cold (I'm sure from work - working in an office is like working in daycare - someone is always ill and spreading germs around) so recuperated on the weekend. Was good by Sunday, so went out for tea with my friend. Sipping tea and looking out the window made us think we should be sipping outside in that beautiful sunshine, but it looks warmer than it actually is. Haven't seen Brenda since Christmas - no, I did have lunch once with her since - but did have Christmas dinner at her house and left my gifts there, so collected the loot. It was like Christmas all over again! Learned about her touch screen ipod (or was it called something else). Very interesting and perhaps good for travel. Got me thinking about one. Had my summer tires put on on Thursday, just in time for our blizzard on Friday. The snow is still mid-thigh level in the yard and about six feet high where I have shovelled it, so it will be a while before we see lawn. I'm hoping for some extremely hot weather so all of it will melt. I have to plant a garden on May 20th, or there about - Victoria Day. At this point I have my doubts though.

No comments: