Local Weather

Friday, March 28, 2008


Easter's a time for visiting and luckily I had my camera during a couple of visits. Had the traditional ham dinner with all the fixin's. It was very good. Now I'm ready for spring to come full force. I'm tired of winter - snow, below freezing temperatures, ice - yuk. My birder neighbour must have all the birds in the Yukon in his yard. Their chirping is music to my ears, although it does bring back memories of being in Lesvos, Greece (Skala Kaloni, I think it was) during the bird migration and their lovely little songs were driving us mad - thousands upon thousands of birds chirping from 4AM to 10PM non-stop...chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp,chirp ... we thought we were going to go crazy. Now I just have to see my first robin, then I know we're home free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at your recent posting and was thinking how clean and neat and uncluttered your home is and then I noticed the Alice In Wonderland T-Pot - We too are sick of winter - today is beautiful and I am at library having gone for a long walk. Beautiful shots of Whitehorse. MJT