Local Weather

Friday, August 03, 2007

Whitehorse Frog

I need the expertise of all those nature lovers out there. I don't live by a pond. I don't live by a river, stream, or any other body of water. I live in suburbia now - and I have frogs! They are wee, about 1" in length and live by my rock garden and flower garden. Last night I snapped its portrait in the hopes that someone will recognize it and tell me a bit about them. My fear is that when I weed-eat, I will whip this little thing to death. Mowing the lawn is also a bit ify, even walking, I can easily step on them. Does anyone recognize this little creature?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered to research the Wood Frog (Rana sylvatica) of the Yukon - Funny, but do you remember in Acton when Matt and Kenny came up on their bikes and there were frogs all over the road - they were everywhere - The picture is kind of hard to see - but I would check out the Rana sylvatica and see what you find about that - Anyway, on a further note - Just had Swedish relatives this evening for a family barbeque. Did you ever get the pics of Adams grad. AND ..... where is my snail mail - Looking forward from hearing from you.!!!

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo weird, the night I looked at the pic I for the life of me could not see the frog - Today, I see it perfectly - Have no idea what happened then -Its funny eh how I could not see it - It was like one of those art pics that you have to stare at to see the pic. Oh well, I now see it perfectly and it is the wood frog.

Anonymous said...

Enough of Kermit! Put some new photos on this. Show us that the family really did show up in Whitehorse. j.