Local Weather

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Took the crew to Skagway Alaska these last few days. The weather was once again superb. Made many stops along the way. Here are part of the Eccles family viewing Emerald Lake. Also took in Caribou Crossing - lots and lots of taxidermied (stuffed) animals. Little Will was in heaven. A stop in Carcross Desert and then to Carcross to eat an ice cream cone, and walk the sands of Bennet Lake.
Made it to Skagway where we shopped till we dropped.

Took the White Pass & Yukon Route narrow gauge rail to the White Pass summit and back. The train trip was 3 hours long and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.
Most of the group is off to raft the Tatshenini River today. The rest of us are doing the Whitehorse thing. Only two more days then the Ontario crew are returning home. I'll be so lonely in my house all alone. Maybe some will catch the spirit of the north and not leave, like so many Yukoners did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I may not live there but I think fondly of the days I spent there. Apparently you will not be alone for long - Walter left a message on my machine the other night that he is leaving for Vancouver and then coming up to the Yukon to see you and Dave. Have not spoke to him yet. But looking forward to the pics from that visit as well. MJT (P.S. - I never heard of the Sour Toe - that is gross)