Local Weather

Sunday, February 13, 2005


My grouse is hanging around once more. I think his girlfriend left him - once again. The snow is so deep he is flying high up into trees now. I've never seen him do this before. I'm certain he is looking for his drumming log which is currently deeply covered in snow. Once he finds it, the drumming will begin. It sounds like a chain saw starting up and usually goes on all night long. He drums by puffing up his chest and beating his wings against it - kind of like Tarzan. That is his call to attract a girlfriend. He has been around my yard for a couple of years now. Had 2 mates in that time, but alas he is alone again. You can draw your own conclusion as to why. Posted by Hello
I'm sure you know, but if you click on the picture, it will get bigger.

No comments: