Local Weather

Sunday, February 13, 2005

February 13, 2005

Just realized tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Happy early Valentine's Day to all of you!
This past week went by quickly. Worked hard, caught a bit of a flu (which made work harder) and now feel fine. Emptied the rec room last night (that pull-out couch was a bugger to move to the garage by myself!)and today will pull base boards and tear up the carpet to get ready for new carpeting downstairs. I've only wanted to replace that for 15 years, so it's about time I moved on it. Then I have to rent a "samari" machine to pull up the rubber backing that's stuck to the floor. Hmmmmmm. And have picked out the upholstery for my recliner. Will order that tomorrow - it takes 2 months to make and deliver. Then I've run out of money so that's it for new household items. Any of you are welcome to come north and see these things first hand!
The Yukon Quest started today - 1,000 miles from Whitehorse to Fairbanks, Alaska. Will keep you all up-to-date on cousin Frank, who is once again running the race.

A Shaun Update: He phoned yesterday. Still doesn't have his website up and running. I am anxiously waiting to see his pictures. The ship is now anchored off of Manuel Antonio National Park. He had just swam from the ship to shore - about 100 yards and he said if it was any farther, he wouldn't have made it! Hope he knows there are sharks and jellyfish around too. Here is a link to a website of the area if you are interested: http://www.manuelantoniopark.com/mapk/english/park.html
Sorry, but I've tried pasting a picture in and it doesn't work, but it looks lovely on the website. Said they will anchor at Quepos, and again, for those interested, a website: http://www.costaricabureau.com/quepos.htm
The ship will be going south to Panama on the 16th and Tara arrives in Costa Rica on the 19th, so SR will stay to wait for Tara, then they will fly down to Panama, around the Panama Canal, stay there for a while then head back north to Costa Rica. She is staying for 10 days, so he is looking forward to that. He didn't make it to the kiteboarding school. The only registered kiteboarding school in Costa Rica never answered his emails, so he doesn't know if they are still in existance or not. He is still looking into that. He sounded healthy (although he did say his stomach was a bit queasy on Saturday) and happy and the temperature is around 30 degrees celcuis ABOVE ZERO, so that sounds way better than minus 30 degrees celcius to me.

Soccer News: Manchester United beat Manchester City today 2-0!!! David James did a super job in goal, as I knew he would, even if he did let in 2 goals - one was an own goal - I felt bad for him about that. Chelsea won their game as well and Arsenal doesn't play until Monday. ManU is now sitting 9 points from Chelsea. Apparently with luck on their part and not so much luck on Chelsea's part, they still have time to climb to top spot.
You were asking about the UEFA Cup, Shaun. Although I'm not really following it as yet, they are playing a round of 32 on Feb 16/17 and 24th, round of 16 on March 10& 17, Quarter finals April 7 & 14, semi finals Apr 28 and May 5 and finally the final May 18.
The FA cup resumes on Feb 19th, (ManU plays Everton).

P.S. Jennifer, you will have a gift in the mail soon.

So, that's my update for this week. Happy trails until I write again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There - Sounds great getting the recroom redone - we have been working on ours as well this year - Would you consider taking a picture of the house on Alexander that I lived in and posting it - I think you said it was now the Pet Store. Thanks for considering - I have restarted our snail mail idea - MJT

Anonymous said...

Just one more thing - Would you email me a pic of us when we were "Hippies" together - I need it for one of my future snail mails. Thanks! MJT