Local Weather

Monday, February 07, 2005

February 7, 2005

The weekend is over and am back at it at work now. Had a surprise call from Cousin Joe at work this morning. He "googled" me and found where I hide out during the day. Good to hear from you Joe!
Also had a call from Kristi, Andrea's daughter. She is living on the sunshine coast in B.C. now (Roberts Creek just north of Gibson's Landing). And she is getting married July 1st. Looks like I'll be making a trip there come summer. Kara is living in Keswick and now has 3 children and looking for a 4th.

Soccer News: Great weekend for soccer. The Red Devils beat Birmingham City 2-0. Roy Keane scored his 50th goal - and a nice one at that. Next match a derby on Sunday - Man U v Man City (although I really like Man City's keeper - David James). The Gunners beat Aston Villa 3-1. Position standings: Chelsea sitting at 65 (tied their last game with Manchester City), then Man U with 56, then Arsenal with 54 points.

What do Canadian's talk about but the weather. It has finally warmed up here. -5 Celcius the last I looked. Helen (Gramma) and I measured the snow on Sunday. Two feet deep. She laughed as I fought my way to the centre of the lawn with the yard stick. I think that's enough, thank you.

Update from Shaun: Nada. No news is good news. Perhaps he's at kiteboarding school. Will post news whenever I hear.

And that's the news from the north for Monday, February 7th.

No comments: