Local Weather

Monday, May 06, 2013

Our Last Full Day

Off to the Louvre. Again, thank heavens we per-purchased tickets. I once again just had to see the famous Mona Lisa. Of course, so did everyone else and it was a bit of a zoo by this painting, but I did weasel my way to the front for a good view. As you can see pick pockets are a big deal here and if I were one I would stand in the squeeze to see the Mona Lisa. I think even a bad pick pocket could do well there. (They also warned us of pick pockets at the d'Orsay as well as sending out a repeated request for anyone who left a parcel unattended to make themselves known - this message they repeated in about five or six different language, which made us wonder ...). Also saw the Venus de Milo, among others. When it began to get too busy we left to find a cafe to enjoy their Plat du Jour, and enjoy owe did, as usual. .







No comments: