Local Weather

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rock Collecting

 On my way back to the highway I stopped at a small turn-out (to pick up another rock).  It was on the Fish Lake Road around the final descent.  I followed a trail to see where it lead and behold, a whole new vista opened up for me.  Funny how I had travelled that road every day for 10 years and never stopped to find this trail.


The yellow wild flowers were brilliant agains the green of the mountain side.  


But, watch your step.  This is the root of a tree clinging to a rocky outpost.  Had I tripped on that, it would have been the first and last time I would have feasted my eyes on this beautiful scene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the trail? Hope the link works mjt

http://www.trailpeak.com

clr said...

The river is McIntyre Creek and the trail is about a kilometer from the entrance (from the Alaska Highway) of the Fish Lake Road, just as you mount the first hill. Guess I never stopped as I was on my way home or to town.