Local Weather

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Before I got my hair cut ...

Had to go to the bank first thing this morning.  Looking out the window I saw - what !?! - summer ??? Being sceptical I dawned my long pants and a hoodie over my 3/4 sleeve length shirt.  And a good thing too.  Looks can be deceiving.  It was 8 degrees with a cool wind blowing.  So downtown I drove.  I banked then exiting the bank saw the City of Whitehorse meter man.  Of course, as it was early (just after 9 AM) I didn't put any money in the meter.  Luck was with me though.  No ticket.  Walking through the street of downtown I say Team Venezuela.  Yesterday saw Team Mexico.  The Women's World Fastpitch Championship is currently on in our town.  (The 2012 Women's World Fastpitch Championship will take place in Whitehorse, Yukon which is part of northern Canada.  The city will host teams from sixteen different countries in July 13 to 22, 2012.  The event is hosted by Softball Yukon.)  Here are all the countries participating:
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • China
  • Chinese Taipei
  • Czech Republic
  • Great Britain
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Puerto Rico
  • South Africa
  • United States
  • Venezuela
(Love how they say "Yukon which is part of northern Canada")Dawson, you may be interested in this.  Here is a website:  Click Here.





 Then driving a little further on I saw all the smokers standing outside the 98 Hotel (our 1Star establishment).  Don't know what time that bar opens but they were already on their smoke break at 9:10 AM.
The wind seemed to be picking up again.  Saw tourists holding onto their hats as they walked.   So drove home listening to James Morrison, a cd I just dug out of my pile of cd's yesterday.  Still love that voice.
Now I'm off to get my hair cut by my "old" hairdresser who is actually way younger than me.  I stopped having her cut my hair for about a year as she was in a boating accident, but that's a story for another time.

No comments: