Local Weather

Monday, December 05, 2011

It's in the Mail

As we had all of our Ontario gifts together, I decided Monday was the day to get them into the mail. I awoke at 3AM - I was wide awake. I looked out the window and it was overcast and windy. I went downstairs, made coffee and toast and took it upstairs to dine in bed and watch the news. I don't remember seeing 7 AM so I must have fallen back to sleep by then. At 9 I was up again. It was beginning to snow. By the time I was in the car, there was a full fledged snow storm happening. But for the sake of the gifts, I persevered. Chatting in line at the post office, I found it rained ("felt like Vancouver") at 7 AM. So that's why there was slush under the newly fallen snow. The parcel had to be dried off before postage could be attached (it was outside from the parking stall by the front door of the post office to the entry way). So, despite the blustery winter storm - your gifts are in the mail!

Luckily I do not have to be outside or downtown for anything else today, so I will make some cookies for the Pot Luck this Saturday and watch the storm blow from the shelter of my house!

1 comment:

Teri said...

You're like the Mailman, nothing stops you from getting your parcels delivered. Us Ontarians thank you.
Your window looks great all decorated up. What a winter wonderland!!
-LL