Local Weather

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Naming the Twins

Sitting by the window today working on my computer, the sun streamed in enticing me outside. March, spring, blue skies, sunshine, ... I almost froze my cheeks off! Luckily, I was once again plugged into some good music. This time is was what I was listening to about a year ago during my trip to Nova Scotia. When Hilary and I went to the beautiful town of Shelburne, Nova Scotia, we were introduced to Robbie Smith & Kathleen Glauser's music. This brother and sister act called Naming the Twins recorded Sweet Transitions and it was this music and the memories of that spring trip that warmed me as I made my way through the bitter wind.
Here is a site where you can listen to the duo: http://radio3.cbc.ca/#/bands/Naming-the-Twins
You may have to sign in to access this site but I think you will find it well worthwhile. Lots of good music. Of this album I especially like Dry Land and Shake the Bandstand. Very east coast, very well done.

No comments: