Local Weather

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Snow, Snow and more Snow

I don't know how many cm's of snow fell yesterday but it was definitely whiteout conditions driving to attend the shower. Between my neighbour and I, we shovelled the driveway four times and it was still snowing. Being in a semi-arid climate, we shouldn't be getting that much snow. As you can see from the photo above, I have to heave each shovelful of snow high into the air to get it to stay on the huge snow bank, which I have already pushed back many many times.

There was a snowfall advisory issued yesterday and they weren't kidding. Only two more months of snow, then it can start to melt. On a brighter note, our daylight hours are increasing (sunrise now about 9 AM, sunset about 5 PM). That is something everyone notices. AND you can now feel some warmth when the sun shines. Spring is coming!!!

No comments: