Local Weather

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Cousin Joe's Cruise

My cousin Joe and his wife are on a cruise aboard the Star Princess sailing aside Patagonia and through the Straight of Magellan. He is keeping me up to date on his travels and I thought I would share some of the photos with you. Above: He says, "We are on our way to Ushuaia, Argentina via the Beagle Channel named after the ship sailed on by Darwin. At 8:00 am this morning we entered a section of the channel that has glaciers and hanging valleys."

Above and below photos: "The highlight of the day for me was seeing the Osorno Volcano and some of the rapids and waterfalls in the area. For most of the day, the volcano was shrouded in clouds and it was only late in the day that we finally saw the peak. The volcano is a classic example of a cinder cone just like the famous Mount Fuji in Japan. Of course when you think of Chile llamas come to mind and you see a few on the country. We also came across a Monkey Puzzle tree which I have to admit is one of the strangest plants I have ever seen. " (as you can see I didn't include the Monkey Puzzle tree - if you want to see it let me know)

1 comment:

Meandering Michael said...

I saw a monkey puzzle tree in someone's yard in Vancouver! What a cool-looking plant!