Local Weather

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Looked out the window this morning after watching Everton beat Arsenal (yeah!!!!) I saw the sun brilliantly reflecting off the snow. A beautiful March Sunday, so I phone my friend Debbie and we decided to take a nice walk. Walking to her house (usually a 15 minute walk), the south wind was blowing in my face as fiercely as a north wind. My face and legs were freezing. The warmth of the sun couldn't penetrate the wind although the brilliance made my eyes water. Sidewalks are not shovelled so I walked in snowmobile tracks. This was like walking on sand dunes, up and down, up and down, my feet sinking in the snow making walking slow. Half way there, I stepped onto the road to continue my journey. As the city seldom ploughs the roads the hard packed snow was slippery and treacherous with ice. But alas, I persevered and arrived to find Debbie waiting at the end of her drive for me. Although I was ready for a hot cup of tea at that point, we had what turned out to be a lovely walk. I did get my cup of tea at her house at the end of our walk. Here is a picture of Debbie at her house standing beside the snow she shovelled off her driveway yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great writing Carol. I enjoyed reading it. You should submit it to some Canadian nature magazine or vinyl cafe,cbc.