Local Weather

Monday, October 23, 2006

No new pictures so I pulled up this one taken a few years ago at my old house. Gramma (next door neighbour) loves Ladies Slippers, so I took a bunch of pictures for her. The photo is just so you won't get bored while I talk....Well, I last reported that the snow was here to stay. WRONG!! A strong south wind blew all weekend and now there is no snow to be seen. A bit of frost this morning, but no snow. Spoke with my friend Debbie last night who told me that her sister browses my blog once in a while. That tidbit of information came after I said that I should stop my blog as I think my ramblings just go into cyberspace. Few people comment, except for MJT, and I could write her a letter just as easily. So, thanks to all of you that do read.
This weekend I organized my office closet and came across my old (and I mean old) personal box which I immediately opened and started picking through. I spent hours reading the old letters I had received and one person in particular caught me attention as I had been thinking of him within the last month, which is strange because I go for years without thinking of him. That person is Hans Wallner (Gigi) the artist I roomed with while I was working in London England back in the very early '70's. I tried googling his name and cannot find anything about him. He is a painter, photographer, gold and silver smith, and surely some of his work must be around somewhere as that is how he made his living. So, if Hans if reading this (very little hope of that!) or if anyone has come across any of his work please let me know. He must be 65 years old now, originally from Graz, Austria, lived in England for many many years and could be anywhere in the world (or god forbid - other world) by now.
My next blog will be from Edmonton. Yes, finally I am going! - I leave on Friday and will be there for about 10 days - working hard painting and repairing a condo - something I am actually looking forward to. AND seeing JAMES BLUNT, my Christmas present from my son who knows how to pick the perfect gift for me. So, I'll talk to you then....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo,by coincidence I came across your dairy,noticing that you are looking for someone you met during the early seventees,called Gigi Wallner.
It seems that I am the person you are looking for....painter,jeweller,photographer.But,who the hell are you?
>Though some vage idea crosses my mind......I´m not certain!So please tell me a bit more....write about commun experiences....tell me your name.I´m very much looking forward to your informative mail! Yours-Hans(Gigi)