Local Weather

Monday, October 09, 2006


Been a while since I've blogged, but...I've been WORKING!!!! Yes, a two week stint in the Department of Justice. It actually was interesting. I worked along side the coroner and the assistant deputy minister. Good to learn a bit and make money doing it. In a little over two weeks I'll be going down to Edmonton to paint the condo, and there is much to do here before then. Purchased a new DVD recorder, so am learning how to put all those VHS home movies onto DVD. And of course it is autumn and the leaves are falling and need to be raked up. The weather has been great - lots of bright sunny (but cool) days and the colours and smells are wonderful. Was invited to Thanksgiving Dinner at cousin Frank's house. His mum (Aunt Peggy) was there as well so had a very good visit. This is a picture of Frank & Anne's house, located along side the Takhini River, about 5 kms north of the Mayo Road off the Alaska Highway (for those of you who can picture those directions). As Thanksgiving came to me as a surprise, I was delighted to sit down to a full turkey dinner and delighted to bring home some turkey for those great day-after sandwiches.

No comments: