Local Weather

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Red Sky in the Morning


Just went through 5 days of -30 to -38°F .  An interesting note is that from parts of Porter Creek through to Lake LaBarge, there was a power outage at 3AM which lasted in some areas for 9 hours.  At -40 that is a long long time.  Very cold but also very beautiful.  I didn't take photos but believe me, the sky was blue blue blue and the trees were still covered in white hoar frost (I do hope I spelled that correctly!).  Another thing of beauty is our mornings.  The sky is filled with many different hues of red  signalling the start of a new day.  These photos are from my bedroom window.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images. The colours are amazing. We are finally getting snow this weekend. I miss it. Also very cold on the weekend. mjt