Local Weather

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Made it to Skagway



I never tire of this drive.   It was a beautiful sunny day.  Some of the lakes still had ice on them and of course the mountain tops were still in snow but the temperature was warm with a slight breeze.






Didn't realize that this was the only photo I took while in Skagway.   The Skagway Fire Department sponsored a fundraiser, a car wash, and had this unique way of washing the vehicles. It was fun to watch. 

Only two ships in this day... one large and one small, so the town was not that busy.  Went to buy my favourite boots and guess what ... they didn't have my size.  We talked a lot to the "rock" man and I did get some special rocks for Alanna and Emerson.  We didn't leave till we had a beer and a halibut burger down by the pier.  Was a great day all in all.

No comments: