Local Weather

Thursday, February 08, 2018

The Shape of Water


I had to think about my opinion of this movie before putting it on this blog.  I attended the movie really wanting to like it.  It had such positive reviews and was up for so many awards.  I liked the actresses (didn't really know the actors) and loved the title.  When discussing the film over a glass of wine, my two companions absolutely loved it.
The story took place in the early 1960's.  They couldn't have captured the era any better, from the cars to the clothes to the TV shows to the colouring they used while filming.  It was the cold war time and this was reflected in the story line.  This is not defined as a "Horror" movie.  I define it as a Weird Weird movie.  The imagination of the writers must be applauded as they silently weave loose ends into the story.  The Good Guys were very very good and the Bad Guy was very very Bad.  This movie seemed to have all the necessary components and when I think of it like this, I like it.  But I didn't Love it.  I give it 3-1/2 Stars out of 5.

No comments: