Local Weather

Saturday, September 09, 2017

The Founder


If you want (or need) another reason NOT to give McDonald:s your hard earned money, watch this movie.  I had heard that the company was founded by two gentlemen.  The idea for fast consistent quality food was developed by two, and I WILL call them gentlemen, who believed in ingenuity, integrity, hard work, customer satisfaction, and quality food (I know, I know, hamburgers and french fries are not quality food, but they made it as good as it gets in the fast food business).  Then along came a fast talking, money worshipping visionary who franchised this good-will business, crawled up the backs of these trusting gentlemen, signed contracts he was never going to keep, gave "gentleman's handshakes" only to quiet down the opposition with no intention of ever honouring them and became a billionaire in the process.  Yes, he was successful, but was he moral or ethical?  I learned a lot about McDonald's and as you can see, this movie riled me up!  I give it 4 Stars out of 5.  

No comments: