Local Weather

Monday, July 10, 2017

July 7 and 8, 2017



It was sleep-over night on Friday.  The kids got a hold of my phone and started taking pictures.  Naughty but cute.


So I got in on the act.


On Saturday morning we went to Garage Sales.   At one sale there was quite a bit of "girls" things.  We bought a FP Stroller and doll and a plastic dog.  When we were leaving Alanna spotted a box with "princess slippers" in it, but we went to the truck, packed up our purchases and off we went.  We were on the highway and Alanna shouted from the back seat, "Turn Around, Your Going the Wrong Way!!!  I NEED SLIPPERS"  I was pretty sure she was talking about those Princess Slippers she saw and she was pretty adamant that she needed some slippers RIGHT NOW.  Talked her into going to one more sale before we returned.  Luck was on our side as the slippers were still there.  She chose pink ones of course and couldn't be happier.  I asked Emerson if he wanted a pair as well (fair is fair).  He said yes and chose a blue pair.  And they click click click clicked around the house all afternoon. 


Later that afternoon I asked if they wanted an ice cream cone.  Of course the answer was yes.  By the time we got to McDonalds they were both asleep.  Now what do I do?  So I drove to Rotary Park and waited there for about 40 minutes until nap time was over.


They did enjoy their treat.  Alanna was half way through her ice cream then said she was going to save the rest for Dadda.  Emerson and I were trying to explain that that was not possible as it would melt before he was able to eat it.  She couldn't quite understand that concept but eventually did concede to throwing the remainder in the garbage.


In case you ever need this information, McDonalds small ice cream cones are too big for 3 year olds. Ask for one ice cream in two cones.  I did have to lick up the drips as they happened and the ice cream WAS tasty!


No comments: