Local Weather

Thursday, July 27, 2017

A Carcross Thursday


Guess where I was today.  Right, Carcross.  And we were lucky as the train was coming into town just as we were eating our ice creams from Matthew Watson General Store.


The whistle blew and across the bridge came Engine 101 pulling the passenger cars.


Seeing the train come in brought back so many fond memories of my days as Train Order Operator for this railroad.


White Pass & Yukon Route.  The last train ran from Whitehorse to Skagway in October 1982.  I was in the hospital recovering from having my new little baby and the engineer blew the whistle a number of times as they passed the hospital.



And here are my travelling companions.


Carcross is filled with old derelict cabins. 


And, thinking trains, I hopped in the Duchess to drive the train to nowhere.






No comments: