Local Weather

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Nassau Street



Met up with Merv in T.O.  (Yes, you are seeing correctly, she has blue hair - the colour was not supposed to be blue but silver with traces of lilac ... but I did love the blue colour ... - and heart shaped sunglasses).  Ever so great to see my old Bud once again.  Had her photo up here but she felt uncomfortable with it.  I don't ever want anyone to feel uncomfortable with what I post, so, even though I thought it was a great photo, I have removed it.  



We explored the Kensington Market area this time.  Little did I know, until she did some research, that my Grandparents (and mother) lived at 56 Nassau prior to moving to 38 Nassau.  Above is 56 Nassau, the left side of this white house.  38 Nassau was torn down and a small (ugly) semi-detached house arose in its place.  A very kind Asian man lives there now.


Nassau Street looking down towards Kensington market.


Nassau Street looking towards Spadina Avenue.  Yes, George Brown College is still there.  At least the old building is still there.  I didn't walk down to see if it was still a college.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you posted a freakin close up. Please add that the colour was NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BLUE but silver with traces of lilac. The problem with my bud coming to Toronto is our visits are far too short and had she stayed longer I would have dyed her hair a dark brown with pink hilites to match her new cute knee length grey skirt with a pink poodle on it which I ABSOLUTELY LOVED ON YOU CLR. I have gotten a ton of likes on the 2 tops that I got at the same store.......oh, and by the way, my hair colour is now alot softer but still blue ...sigh! mjt

Anonymous said...

Would you please remove this closeup shot of me - I despise it. mjt