Local Weather

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Sunday with Stuart McLean


Went to the Arts Centre tonight to see Stuart McLean and the Vinyl Cafe.  We were lucky because of the three day performance schedule, tonight was the night being recorded for the radio.  Tune in on October 24th (and they also said 25th - so I don't really know the CBC schedules I guess) to hear the performance I heard tonight.  I have seen him before and it was good but tonight was especially good.  It was interesting to see what happens when they record for radio.  We redid a lot when he made a mistake, for example he kept calling Sarah McDougall, the local entertainment for the evening, Sarah McLaughlin.  Time and time again he did this.  He also did a great interaction with the audience this time.  He is quite amusing.  He did some giveaways, one of which was to the oldest person in the audience.  She was 89 years old. One was to the youngest.  Thomas was 5.  It was Thomas that presented the gift to the oldest.  Very cute.  All in all it was a great entertaining evening.  I didn't really want to go and now I am so glad I did.

Just Googled CBC Radio here is what I found:
  • Saturdays at 9:05 AM across Canada on Radio Two
  • Sundays at 12:05 PM across Canada on Radio One 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Stuart McLean - used to listen to him when out garage saleing on Saturdays - thanks for reminding me. 94.1 FM. mjt

Anonymous said...

Love the Fall image when you open your blog. Did you take that - its fabulous. Where is this. mjt