Local Weather

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Woman in Gold


Finally went to the theatre on Monday.  It seems half a year has passed since they brought in a show I wanted to see.  Woman in Gold.  I love Helen Mirren.  As you know Debbie and I saw her in live theatre when we were in London.  Anyway, although this didn't get fabulous ratings, I really enjoyed the movie and her acting is exceptional.  The theatre on the other hand ... I had forgotten about the lowly shape it is in.  My seat cushion was flat and there was a space of about 3 inches between the back of the seat cushion and the back of the seat.  And I especially liked how the EXIT sign shone a glowing red light upon the right hand side of the screen.  The constant noise of the running fan did nothing for the sound of the film.  Other than that ...


We exited the theatre around 9PM, had our customary beer at the Westmark Hotel to discuss the film, then headed home.  This being around 9:50 PM.  I almost needed my sun glasses.  The following are photos taken on the way home.  Yup, about a month and a half to the longest day (June 21st).  I never tire of the light.



Up Hamilton Boulevard past the Canada Games Centre.


Turned onto Lazulite at 9:59 PM.  What I didn't notice was the man standing behind the white car in front of me.  Now that I see him I think, "that's weird!"

No comments: