Local Weather

Monday, May 25, 2015

The Weekend


Hazardous Waste Day at the dump.  We have one day in May and one in September.  This is where you take your old paint tins, used oil, spent mercury light bulbs, chemicals etc for disposal.  In the past this was not problem.  Drive to the dump, drop off your waste and drive away from the dump.  THIS YEAR, it was drive to the dump at 10:48 AM (HWD opened at 10:00 AM), then queue, with your engine running, as you creep ahead.  It took 55 minutes to travel 0.4 kilometres, along the dump road until I was at the spot where I could empty my truck.  We may be saving the ground but all those cars spewing greenhouse gasses I am pretty sure is NOT good for the environment - I'm pretty sure it contributes to climate change.  When I drove away, the line of cars was about double the length of the line I was stuck in.  Above is a view from my car looking forward - cars until you cannot see the road anymore - and in the rear view mirror - again, cars until you cannot see the road anymore.  Something has to be done about this.




Later that day I dropped in to visit the wee ones.  They were outside enjoying the beautiful weather.


I had to laugh.  It doesn't matter how much room they have to crawl around, inevitably they crawl on top of one another.  In the case below, they had ALL of the front lawn to use.  Kids!!


No comments: