Local Weather

Saturday, February 01, 2014

Fire Safety


Important!!!
Make sure your fire extinguisher is up to date.  I thought my garage door opener was about to burst into flames (considering the amount of smoke coming from it).  I grabbed my fire extinguisher at the same time remembering I had not had it serviced since 2007!!!!!  I hoped with all my might that it would still work should I see flames.  Luckily, the smoke cleared without flames so I didn't have to put it to the test, but it was an eye opener for me.  The next day I took it to be serviced.  
If you have a fire extinguisher ensure it is in proper working order.  It doesn't cost much to service it considering the important job it may one day be used for.  And if you don't have one, buy one for the house.  You NEVER know when you will need it.  Hopefully you will never need it, but its need is NEVER PLANNED.
And while I'm at it, make sure you replace the batteries in your smoke detector once a year. 
 Safety First!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good advice - will get one. mjt