Local Weather

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Mr. B.


So, golfing tonight we saw a beaver pulling a huge tree across the 6th fairway into the adjacent pond to add to his (her) dam.  By the time I got my camera out, of course, Mr. B was swimming away - with the tree.  But then on the 9th hole we turned the corner and saw this 'mess' caused by Mr. B.  



Then, oh, here comes Mr. B.

And he continued to stride up to the larger of the fallen trees.

But as I approached him (her????) he acted just like a vole.  He knew I was there and totally froze, as if I couldn't see him unless he moved!  Well, let the fella do his work.  I moved and continued to golf and he, once again, became busy.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How to tell if a Beaver is male or female - The males are the ones putting the sticks on the dam,and the female is the one telling him the stick should go on a different part of the dam (snicker)- You are still the Queen of the Beavers! mjt

Anonymous said...

That beaver looks bigger than Timber.

Jen.