Local Weather

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tyler's Triumph


Thanks to my son, I now (sort of ) have an extended family in my circle.  They consist of many talented people, one of whom I want to talk about today - Tyler Massey.  Tyler is Erica's husband (remember pregnant bridesmaid Erica??  She had a bouncing baby boy, by the way, named Bruce Vincent) and Erica is Brooke's sister, and Brooke is my son's wife.  Whew!!!  Back to Tyler.  He is pictured above in the purple plaid shirt.  This past Saturday he participated in the Ironman Canada Triathlon at Whistler B.C.  
An Ironman Triathlon
An extreme challenge for the supremely fit, the Ironman Triathlon consists of a 2.4-mile (3.9-kilometer) swim, a 112-mile (180-kilometer) bike ride and a 26.2-mile (42.1-kilometer) run. It's been said that just finishing is a victory! 

And finish he did.  I think he is the fittest person I know!  Congrats to you Tyler!  What an accomplishment!
Want to read more on this Triathlon and a breakdown of Tyler's results, click here .


Rank: 47
Overall Rank: 1109
BIB:1044
Division:M25-29
State:Whistler BC
Country:CAN
Profession:Financial Analyst
Swim:1:11:01
Bike:6:03:31
Run:5:40:45
Overall:13:03:38

No comments: