Local Weather

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12


Yup, went to see The Wolverine tonight.  Now even if I didn't like the script, which I did, just look at Hugh Jackman.  He was worth the price of admission alone.  And in 3-D.  The story was as I expected, action packed, good guys, bad guys and the good guys win.  Well worth seeing if you like that kind of action.

On the way to the theatre, as I turned onto Hamilton Blvd, lo and behold, there was a black bear walking along the side of the road.  He/she must have come out of the woods around the school and was walking beside the fence of the tank farm,  I believe waiting for an opening so he could re-enter the bush area.  Yes Lily, there ARE bears in our walking area so I will be vigilant when walking with you ... tail up and wagging, were safe; tail down in between your legs, time to find another route.

And in case your wondering, Summer is STILL here  ...  that is JUNE, JULY and now AUGUST!!! Apparently, according to Tanya who grew up here, this is what Yukon summers were like in the 1960's and 1970's.   I have lived here 35 years now and this is the FIRST REAL summer I have experienced.  Oh yes, we would have gotten a few weeks here and there but we also would get lots of wind, coat weather and rain.  Not this year!!  We are all so happy we cannot stop talking about it.  29 degrees while I was driving to the theatre at 7:00 PM.  It was so hot during the day that our one hour golf lesson reverted to a half hour lesson as it was too HOT to stay out in the sun.  Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember having awesome summers when I lived up in Whitehorse in the 70's - mjt