Local Weather

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

At the Movies


Two movies I have recently seen.  First, The Avengers.  I am not really a Marvel Comic Super Hero type of person.  Now, having said that, I LOVE Iron Man.  Of course Robert Downey Jr IS Iron Man ... need I say more?  But I have not really followed Captain America or Thor and didn't even know who the Black Widow was.  The Hulk I remember from the TV show of the same name and is was fun to watch this ordinary man get mad and grow huge and green (although I may have had only a black and white TV at that stage).  But, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.  There was action, humour and of course a plot that saves the world.  They all played their roles very well.


Dark Shadows - who better to play a Tim Burton Vampire than Johnny Depp?  The stars weren't shining on this movie - reviewers showed anywhere from one to three stars but this reviewer gives it five stars.  It's a Vampire, witch, werewolf movie folks.  Let's not take it too seriously.  And the humour was often, though not always, imbedded within the movie if you watched closely.  I enjoyed it.  I just could not  understand why someone took their six year old to watch the film.  Not for children but very entertaining for us adults.

No comments: