Local Weather

Sunday, August 29, 2010

End of Sept

Finally, finally, finally got to meet Dustin's little one. Look how old he is!! (By the way I am talking of the one in the checkered jacket, not the black jacket - it didn't take me THAT long to meet him!) Met him at the site of the new house going up on the Meadow Lakes Golf Course - Hole #2.

An ideal place for a wee one to play. Sand - lots and lots of sand - along with the prerequisite heavy equipment toys I remember so well from the days of my little boy.

It's always interesting to see a house at its different stages of "life". Hard to imagine a 3,000 sq ft house in this space.

And a few doors down is Ben's house. This looks out his living room window onto Hole #2 and further away, onto Mount Sima - the Whitehorse downhill ski hill.


It will be a lovely view, especially from the loft which is not quite built yet.
As I golfed this course, I was wondering if there was insurance one could purchase for living so close to a golf course. Golf Balls do not always go in the direction you intend them to go. The answer - the golfer is responsible for any damage caused by their golf balls. My opinion - THAT'S NOT FAIR ! ! ! - you build your house so close to a golf course, the responsibility should lie with the home owner. He/she knew of the possible dangers before they built! (As you can tell, my golf balls do not always go where I intend them to go).

No comments: