Local Weather

Friday, February 12, 2010

As you see, I've put an Olympics medal count at the top of my blog. Go Canada!
The first time I switched on the TV to watch the pre-Opening Ceremony, I heard the tragic news (and saw the video) of the death of the Georgian luger. What a sad sad way to begin this event. He was so young.
On a brighter note, Vancouver looks good on the TV. SR flew into YVR last night from Hawaii (such a hard life!). Them CLean Girls .... on no!!! ... it's The McLean Girls ... are singing somewhere for the Olympics so I think he wanted to be there for that. By the way, they have a new website if you wished to browse it. Click here.
I know people who are flying down to YVR for the Olympics, I know people who are living in YVR and not leaving their house during the Olympics, and I know people who are flying away from YVR for the Olympics. Me, I'll be watching on my new TV.
Off tonight for a dinner in aid of Haiti, so my Olympic watching will start tomorrow. Go Canada!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear about the dinner for Haiti. I had a pic on but took it off cause I do not want to see the devestation but the rebuilding. All the best - Go Canada! MJT

Anonymous said...

Oh, also made a poster with my own rendition but the glitter colours ran so have to redo. Will post a pic when it is on the front window. MJT

Anonymous said...

They have a free cow bell app for your itouch. You should download it and ring it at home. Really get into that olympic spirit! Yes, Go Canada - we want more GOLD!!!