Local Weather

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go every week day, leaving me little time for myself. How did I do it in the past?? So my weekends tend to fill with all the things I want to do. And this weekend, I had lunch at Lil's - good 'ol 50's type burgers and fries. And a great place to take kids as as they love the food and can't harm the '50's furnishings! He we are just waiting for more friends to join us. The waitress made it into this photo as well. Love the poodle skirt!

And to continue on from the theme of last weekend, I went craft fairing again. This one, in which Deb and Nancy were selling items, didn't seem as busy as last weekends fair. Maybe it's too early for most, but not for me as I am in full swing in making gifts to ship off for Xmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the 50s restaurant. Hope Deb did well at the craft fair - The Times They Are A Changin - Did I ever think that in the early 70s Toronto would be sooooooooo COSMO - You should see all the highrises along the lake - Goodbye industry - Cant wait to get my digital to post the then and now of this city. I watched a program last night on DUBAI - wow you should see the sudden changed landscape of that place - The buildings are amazing - Yet - it is for the rich - When I was driving down Bay the other day there was a woman lying with a blanket on the corner of Bay and King - Dressed to the nines. Black umbrella covering her from the rain, very hip black coat, hat, designer pants, She just did not seem to fit in with the regular ones that you see lying on the major corners of this city. She really made an impression on my - In my minds eye I saw her stating a mockery of all the wealth at that particular location - When I get my digital I will take the streetcar down to DOWNTOWN and talk with some of these people. It sure is getting interesting eh. (Wish you could be here for that) MJT