Local Weather

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

As you can see, autumn is not quite finished and we have had our first snowfall. This is the second morning with a new skiff of snow. Makes me think of Christmas and snow tires (which I am in the process of purchasing). Usually the first snowfall is October 11, so we are a bit early this year.

Tired of receiving those unwanted telemarketing calls??? Now we have a Do Not Call List you can register with. "If you are a consumer you can choose to reduce the number of telemarketing calls you receive by registering your residential, wireless, fax or VoIP telephone number on the National DNCL. " This is made possible by the CRTC, an agency of the Canadian Government. The link to register is : https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng .

And, with the elections on the horizon, I was just sent an email which is definitely anti-Harper, as you can see from this excerpt: " Fortunately, voting strategically has just gotten a whole lot easier. There is now an amazing website, www.voteforenvironment.com, that is tracking every riding in the country and making up-to-the-minute suggestions on how best to fight Harper. It is the coolest example of Canadian grassroots democracy since the Free Trade comic book." I clicked the link and found the site interesting. You may too.

Finally, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you want Ellen DeGeneres to send your friend/mom/sister, whomever, a wake-up call, just click here, fill in the blanks and send the call. It's fun and it's a good reminder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you anti Harper - is this why you added this site to your BLOG - gotta tell you a funny story - I have a t-shirt - VOTE FOR PEDRO - I bought it after I watched my fav movie NAPOLEON DYNAMITE - Anyway, yesterday I put that T on cause i just felt like wearing it and took Adam down to school but first to have breaky at the St.Lawrence Market. All these SUITS were laughing at me and some would go by and laugh and say VOTE FOR PEDRO - Finally, I got it - During an election I had put on my VOTE FOR PEDRO t-shirt - Oh my goodness, I had a hooot with that. Have you seen the CULT movie Napoleon Dynamite - check it out - Its about a kid that is a loser with his friend Pedro and they win the school president election. I really like character studies in movies. I am not an action thriller horror movie type of movie watcher. Ok - that is that for now will post one other thing next

Anonymous said...

Ok so as I said I would post another thing next - Guess what - I FORGOT WHAT IT WAS - LOL - does that happen to you these days - Cheesh - and it was sooooooo important at the time. LOL

Anonymous said...

One more thing - I mentioned on my BLOG so many times that I did not have a digital camera and one would have to wait for posted pics that my cousin is giving me her EXTRA digital camera - this is what she posted.------The camera is a Sony Cybershot, 3.2 megapixels, and the model number id DSC P52. I will send it in the case I purchased for it. In the case are the instructions, a battery charger, 2 extra batteries,the memory stick that came with it. In the camera is the memory stick I used--as you can take many more pictures with it. I have a photosuite program for working with pictures--if I can make a copy CD disc of it , I will send it also. In my computer, I have a place to download the memory stick--if you do not have that--no problem I will send the cable that will plug into your camera and to a USB port in order for you to download the pictures. OH--also the program for downloading the pictures is a CD also in the camera case.I sent the above info in case you wanted to get some instructions ahead of time off the internet for the camera --------- KEWL EH - Soon I will be able to take pics and post - Yipppppeeeeee

Anonymous said...

One more thing - Dont know if you make Deviled Eggs but put a post on my blog about how to make them without the unnecessary pealing - Let me know if you try this and it works. - P.S. ALL THREE AND THIS POST IS FROM MJT

Anonymous said...

Ok - so enuf cute talk - Environentalmenism is nothing more or less than - WORSHIPPING THE CREATION INSTEAD OF THE CREATOR. Lets go back in time - You and I - THINKING - together would converse on STUFF - we always put out our ideas - thoughts - we would eventually come to an agreement - say OH YEAH - Yet, Carol - what about THE CREATOR - of the creation. --I say - He is still in charge of HIS creation - Yet - it takes faith to believe in the Creator of CREATION - the website says - Government change
NOT climate change- and then the subtitles are - Canadian Auto Workers Endorse Vote For Environment - Musicians to Canada: vote smart for the climate- 38,000 Canadians and Counting Will Vote for the Environment (we hope) - If you were sitting here with me today I would challenge you -To KNOW the Creator and then ----make a change with HIS environment - Yep - you know I would. Cause were old buds who think big about many things - But your not here - and this blog is here to keep up and express views - not necessarily your views. Nevertheless it is a blog to keep up communication. And - I will always respect your opinion - as you do mine. Loving your forever. MJF